Like all Rotary Clubs, the Rotary Club of San Francisco is primarily organized to be of service to the local community and to the world.
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service:
- Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the club’s
• Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their
vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to
improve life in its community.
• International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s
humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and
• New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by
youth and young adults through leadership development activities, service
projects, and exchange programs.